Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Travel Brochure Menu

I know I am early... but this is a bit of a CELEBRATION! I currently have had 24,976 (make that 24,979 just while I was typing) visits to by blog! This is to CELEBRATE 25,000 (which I might get by the end of the week).

Now... 1,000 are probably from me. And 1,000 of them are probably from my best friend. But oh well- I am still going to CELEBRATE 25,000 visits with a FREEBIE! 

Think of a menu... lots of choices... lots of options... lots to eat. Using a menu in Literacy Centers (Work Stations if you are reading this in DC) is the same thing.  Lots of choices, options, and lots of things to do, which means YOU as the teacher can keep that activity in the Literacy Center (WORK STATION if you are reading this in DC) for a very, very, very long time! That to me says- go to HAPPY HOUR 'cause your work in centers (Stations-DC) is D-O-N-E, done!

Margarita anyone?












Menus can be used at any Center (DC- what are they called?) Think Reading Menu, Writing Menu, Word Work Menu etc. and click here if you don't already have mine.

Now I want to introduce you to another kind of menu that uses an authentic informational text- travel brochures! Who doesn't want to grab them when you see them in a hotel lobby or at a gas station? Well now you have reason to! Gather up all the brochures you can.  All you need is a stack of brochures and this menu- and voila!

Margarita anyone?  Cheers!













Photobucket