Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Back-to-School Prayer

It's that time of year again! Some of my readers have already started this school year, but most begin tomorrow. I am praying for you! I am praying for your students. I am praying for this wonderful and worrisome time of year we all call Back-to-School.

May God cover you, your families, your students, your classroom, your books and even your crayons with His peace and wisdom.

A Teacher's Prayer

Dear God,

A new school year is about to begin
and my classroom door will soon open. 
Right now, I am worried and a little anxious.  
I toss and turn at night thinking of the waves in the distance 
called the “First Day of School”.
I know that every student name on my list 
you have assigned to my care. 
You have known from the beginning that we would meet.
Open my mind and heart to each of your precious children 
and especially to the ones who will challenge me the most...
Help me remember, Lord, how young my students are:
give me patience to help them grow 
and insight to know the help they need...
may I be clear in the things I say and do,
and in how I say and do them… 
knowing every day that I am doing your work for these children.
Send your Spirit to fill me with your gifts; 
knowledge and understanding, counsel and wisdom.
Lord, open my mind and heart to my students' parents 
and their heart to me. 
Let them know that I am good and true 
and working hard for their child every day.
Help me to teach as you would, Lord
Help me to be patient until the last bell rings…

A new school year is about to begin, Lord, 
and I am ready to do your work.
Thank you in advance for this time in our lives that you have crafted 
called the 2103-2014 school year.



Photobucket