Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Currently August

Another month has slipped by- and another month of summer is almost over! It's back to SCHOOL month! I spent the month of July with great teachers in Killeen ISD. We had fun learning about Balanced Literacy and the TEKS Resource System.
Woo Hoo!

So it's the 1st (or the 3rd) of the month and it's time for my August Currently- thanks be to Farley!


Listening: I don't really watch TV. If the TV is on, I'm usually doing something on my computer. Unless it's terrible reality TV and then I watch it like a train wreck! But without fail, my husband will be on the couch with me, while I'm on my computer and he'll think I'm paying attention. Bless his heart. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to put my computer down and watch bad movies. But alas, last night, I was NOT in fact watching.

Loving: San Antonio in August! HOT, HOT, HOT! This year may be a slight bit cooler? Regardless it will be full of teachers looking for some great ideas for their classroom at the State Curriculum conference. Fire up Texas teachers!

Thinking:  I have been in graduate school for the last three years! I've been fitting the work of it all into the nooks and crannies of my life, but not anymore! I am officially D-O-N-E!  It is such a relief! I can't wait to have some weekends where I don't have anything to do! Sleeping IN instead of getting up to write a paper!  Oh my goodness that sounds amazing.

Wanting:  There is just always so much to get done over the weekend. See above? Sometimes it all just hits me! Saturday was one of those days! I was so overwhelmed and had so much to do. I learned a good lesson though. If I ask my husband, if I give him specific things to do (sweep the floors and dust the living room), he will do it! Just knowing he is working (cleaning) while I am too, makes me feel so much better.  #TEAMWORK

Needing: I am taping my first Webinar!  I am not a fan of my voice recorded or my mug on camera! I am hoping to just get it over with. Notice I am procrastinating this with my Currently right now...
This also means that I have to get dressed and put on makeup this morning- and put on work clothes- and brush my teeth- a lot sooner than I would otherwise be doing!

1st Days: I am starting my new job next week on the 4th! So much to learn. So much to uncover. I'm excited, but as with any new job, I'll be in an overwhelmed state for a while I'm sure. Reminiscent about my time in DC and the "back to school" PD week we pulled off at Wilson High School in 2014! God keeps designing my path and the 2014-2015 school year will be another exciting journey of His design!

Thanks for reading! Wishing you a great August full of things you said you would get done this summer along with some sweet time to relax and prepare for the children who will be coming into your care for SY 14-15!

Cheers!
Photobucket